Wednesday 22 August 2007

Tuesday Tales

Yesterday our new curriculum arrived from Math-u-see,so we started using it today.I have a bit of a phobia about maths and I began to fear that this was wearing off on Sam as he always groans at the mention of the subject,so after some deliberation I decided to take the plunge and buy the quite costly Math-u-see Alpha curriculum.I'm hoping that this will help Sam understand maths as we can watch the author(or teacher?)explain the lessons, which I seem to be unable to do without confusing both of us!

So maths today went well!! Long may it last......we'll see!


We also started our LLATL red book yesterday,which I'm quite impressed with so far, although there is quite a jump with the amount of written work compared with the blue book.Sam just HATES writing, although his handwriting is good and he can do it quickly when he sets his mind to it, he moans so much about it.


We did some Spanish after english, and after lunch we went grocery shopping.I bought Rose and Sam some cool new markers ,in the hope of inspiring some masterpieces.So when we got home Rose started drawing,when she couldn't draw a 'good' dog she asked me to help, so in the middle of frantically cooking tea I tried to oblige.Tried being the optimum word.Rose said very irritatedly 'Mummy you drew a dinosaur-I wanted a dog!' .That made me laugh!LOL

No comments: