Monday 3 September 2007

Feasting on Friday




On friday I invited my Grandad to have dinner with us.I haven't seen much of him all summer as he has been away in his caravan.

He is a wonderful man,so youthful for eighty three!So now he's off to his house in Spain now for a month.We had a lovely evening with him,the kids are very fond of him too.

I cooked one of dh's favourite teas 'Fish Pie' with salmon & prawns,which was a big hit with everyone.Dessert unfortunately wasn't such a sucess.After spending a good part of the afternoon with dc making a large 'pineapple upsidedown cake' I DROPPED IT !!!!!!! lifting it out of the oven.So for dessert I had to improvise and make a sort of strawberry mouse,luckily I had some fresh strawberries to make it with and some rice crispie buns(from thursday) to eat with it!

So all was not lost.







No comments: