Wednesday 18 June 2008

Playing Catchup

I have really neglected this blog over the past ...year almost!!! So here's the lowdown of what we've been up to.
Our 'Finca' rennovation in Spain is complete.We first stayed in it in December and although a little chilly it was wonderful to finally have it finished.

Christmas and new year at home were quiet and peaceful, followed by a reasonably uneventful
few months.Rose turned 4 in March and we had a little family get together, as are proving popular for both kids to celebrate their special days.

Here is the cake which I made for her, which I'll admit is a little out of shape LOL! but it made one little 4 year old ver happy indeed.

There can only be one word to describe easter here -FREEZING.But aside from that we did quite alot of crafts ,stories etc.for easter this year. Here is our lenten garden before it was transformed....


into an easter one.
And here are our Easter gift baskets...
So back to birthdays namely mine -it was a big one,I was 30 on March 31st and as dh's was April 4th we decided to go back to Spain.Weather was glorious this time and the highlight for Sam was that he got his new bike with money given to hm by my parents at christmastime.Here he is outside the house looking very pleased.

We are still using math-u-see and Sam has now moved on to Beta,Rose will be using Primer in September,LLATL and of course Five in a Row.We have rowed many books this year and made lots of lapbooks and a notebook.At the moment we are doing a really fun unit study on 'Charlotte's Web' which I got free from homeschoolestore some time ago.When we finish it we will watch the movie -in Spain,because that's where we're headed a week today.We will be there for 16 days. Dh and my MIL are staying for the first 9 and then we'll be on our own.We will be going back again at the beginning of august probably for another couple of weeks,fortunately the fights are good value at the moment.Another thing which we plan to go to this summer is something I quite by accident stumbled across online last week -Expo 2008.It's in Zaragoza in Spain,which is the other end of Spain from where we are, but we may fly there and drive home or something,still working on the details.I was at Expo '92 in Seville with my family and I am always raving about it to people,I think it will be a really fun educational experience for us all.

Well thats pretty much it for now,I'll try not to make it so long before the next post and then maybe it won't be so long-winded !!

No comments: